Thursday, June 15, 2023

Poem by Naomi Johnson: I Miss You, Son

  I Miss You, Son

You are a special gift in my life that 

brought joy into my world

that you engraved into my heart a lasting swirl.

 Accompanying heartfelt emotion

 of forever devotion.

From large to small

you are my greatest gift of all.

You were so refined and divine

that God chose you to be all mine.

With full of love to embrace

and an abundant grace

that shines upon your face.

You are a special son I can’t replace.

My aching heart is tearing me down

I wish you were around.

I am here all alone on this earth 

combating feelings of 

perplexity which has crossbirth 

into my mind.

Praying that it will soon be declined. 

But I know my grieving will forever

 go high and low.

I miss you, son,

your special glow

and your loving touch.

Oh, I love you all so much.


 By Naomi Johnson





 June13, 2023 
Revised on
June 15,  2023

No comments:

Post a Comment